BFFs Michael & Joey (from the ATL) and Richard (from San Fran) arrived yesterday. They will be staying with J & I through Sunday for French Quarter Festival. I plan on taking in the sights and sounds of all that this year’s French Quarter Festival has to offer. I plan on eating, drinking, shopping, gossiping, dancing, and soaking some rays. And I plan on having lots of “parlor time” with my guests.
French Quarter Festival has become one of New Orleans premier festivals.
Here are some interesting facts about the FQF (http://www.fqfi.org/about.html ):
· FQF celebrates its 29th anniversary in 2012
· FQF was first produced in 1984 as a way of bringing residents back to the Quarter
· FQF is the largest, FREE music festival in the South
· 18 or more stages throughout the Quarter celebrate local music and represent every genre
· Attendance is well over 500,000 people
· FQF has consistently been voted “favorite festival” by locals (and I agree)
Here are various pics from past FQFs:
See y’all at the Fest!