Timing is great! You’ll see.
Months ago, a blogger friend Kelly of The Essence of Home did a post on her newest floor lamp. I was intrigued as I’ve been in the market for a floor lamp for my den to sit next to an occasional chair.
Every one I found that I liked was way too expensive. So, I inquired with Kelly, and her lamp was purchased from Walmart. Yes! You heard that right. I am certainly not a “snob” when it comes to shopping deals, but I rarely find anything to decorate my home at Walmart. The floor lamp in a distressed wood finish is by Better Homes & Gardens.
I quickly trekked it to Walmart and purchased the one that was on the shelf. Let me share a secret with you. I was really impressed with the quality of all the Better Homes & Gardens merchandise. Good for Walmart! The floor lamp looks much more expensive than the $75.00 it cost.
After I got it home and opened the box, all I had to do was screw the parts and put the shade atop. I love it!
I placed it next to the cane accent chair in the den.
I loved it so much that I ordered a second one for next to J’s leather recliner.
The first one even came with a one-year subscription to Better Homes & Garden magazine. I filled out the enclosed card, mailed it, and forgot about the subscription.
Low and behold, look what was in my mail today.
Timing is spot on because the first issue that I received features my BFF Amanda’s of Dixie Delights back porch. I am so proud that her decorating skills are finally recognized by all who read BH&G. I know the girl can design and decorate, so it is so nice to see her work being appreciated. I cannot wait to sip a julep or three on that porch. You really need to pick up an April issue of BH&G.
Thumbs up to BH&G.
I am so happy to be featured over at A Stroll through Life for the Pulling it all Together series today. Thanks, Marty. Check it out and comment!
Do not forget my giveaway…
2. “Like” Uptown Acorn on facebook.
3. Leave me a comment on the original post telling me where you would use your diffuser.
5. If you do not have a facebook account, let me know that in the comments section. You can still enter by leaving a separate comment. I will not leave you out. If you are an anonymous entrant, please leave a contact email address in your comment.
6. The contest is open to residents of the continental U.S. only.
7. TWIST! You may leave a comment ONCE a day until March 30 for more chances to win.
A winner will be drawn on Sunday, March 30 at 7:00 AM central time.
Better Homes & Gardens, y’all!