It was a great weekend. I have been fighting Springtime allergies, so all I wanted to do was to come home on Friday and veg.
J & I ordered from our favorite Mediterranean carry-out, Pyramid’s Cafe, stayed in, and shared parlor patter with a couple martinis.
On Saturday, I had an envie for crawfish, so J & I set out for the newly renovated Frankie & Johnny’s for the delicious treat. After fried bell pepper rings, I was entranced with eating the well-seasoned “mudbugs”. What an awesome treat!
For dinner on Saturday, J & I headed to the Quarter. We ordered a taxi through Taxi Magic at 5:15 PM for pick up at 6:00 PM. The taxi service never arrived. We called and received questionable customer service (an oxymoron these days). So at 6:30, we got in the car and drove to the Quarter. I don’t think J will ever use Taxi Magic again.
We dined at Sylvain, a popular restaurant on Chartres Street near Jackson Square.
It was was too dark in the main dining area to show you my food pics. The restaurant was way too loud for my taste. J’s fish special and my fried chicken were just okay. I was also not impressed with the lack of martini glasses for my Ketel One treat. J & I will not be hurrying back for dinner there anytime soon.
We came home after dinner due to the fact we were driving.
Yesterday, J & I took a long walk to Audubon Park. The Spring blooms along the way were magnificent.
After lunch, we shopped at our local Steinmart, and I did some necessary grading of school papers as 3rd quarter grades are due this week.
For supper, we ate healthy. J prepared seasoned boiled shrimp and an array of veggies- peppers, onions, mushrooms topped with crumbles of feta cheese.
All in all, it was a great weekend.
One more funny thing… I wished my godchild a happy birthday yesterday. Well, my sister called to say that my nephew’s birthday is March 25th (tomorrow). LOL! She said I do this every year. Ain’t it great to be early?
Do not forget my giveaway…
2. “Like” Uptown Acorn on facebook.
3. Leave me a comment on the original post telling me where you would use your diffuser.
5. If you do not have a facebook account, let me know that in the comments section. You can still enter by leaving a separate comment. I will not leave you out. If you are an anonymous entrant, please leave a contact email address in your comment.
6. The contest is open to residents of the continental U.S. only.
7. TWIST! You may leave a comment ONCE a day until March 30 for more chances to win.
A winner will be drawn on Sunday, March 30 at 7:00 AM central time.
The Weekend, y’all!