Though I did not watch the Superbowl (gasp!), J & I did prepare a Superbowl Sunday supper that was quite deeeelicious!
Recipe is as follows:
- 13.25 oz box pasta (I used penne because it’s my fave.)
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces (I picked up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.)
- 2 small bell peppers, red and yellow, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch chopped green onions, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup GOOD blue cheese dressing
- 1/2-3/4 cup Buffalo Hot Wing Sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheese, divided (cheddar, mozzarella, or a blend)
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add the cooked chicken, chopped bell peppers, 3/4 of the green onions, and 2 1/4 cups of shredded cheese to the baking dish. Mix well.
- Place the garlic, cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, and 1/2 cup hot wing sauce in a food processor. Puree until smooth, taste, and add another 1/4 cup hot wing sauce if needed. I do not think more is needed. Pour over the pasta and toss.
- Mix the remaining 3/4 cup cheese and Panko together. Sprinkle over the top of the pasta, then sprinkle with the remaining green onions.
- Bake until golden, approximately 30-40 minutes.
Enjoy!!!! I cannot wait to eat my leftovers for lunch today.
By the way, I am so happy that New England won. I just love Tom Brady…. he’s quite easy on the eyes. LOL!
Superbowl Supper, y’all!