- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 Hatch chili or jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15.5) ounce can of black beans
- 12 ounces corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 4 large red peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup avocado, diced
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil, add the onions and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Add jalapeño and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add black beans and corn kernels; cook for 5 minutes, until warmed. Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper; stir to mix completely.
- Stuff the mixture into each pepper half. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the peppers have softened.
- Garnish with avocado and cilantro. (Serves 8)
They are so fresh tasting and yummy! It is such a healthy summery treat.
Stuffed Red Peppers, y'all!