J discovered this recipe last week, and we finally tried it. OoooooMmmmmmGggggg! It is absolutely delicious.
- 13.25 oz. pasta (We used penne.)
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 small bell peppers, red and yellow, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch chopped green onions, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/2-3/4 cup Buffalo hot wing sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheese, divided (cheddar, mozzarella, or a blend)
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a 9 x 13” baking dish.
- Add the cooked chicken, chopped bell peppers, 3/4 of the green onions, and 2 1/4 cups of shredded cheese to the baking dish. Mix well.
- Place the garlic, cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, and 1/2 cup hot wing sauce in a food processor. Puree until smooth, taste, and add another 1/4 cup hot wing sauce if needed. Pour over pasta and toss.
- Mix the remaining 3/4 cup of cheese and the Panko together. Sprinkle over the top of the pasta, then sprinkle with the remaining green onions.
- Bake until golden, approx. 30-40 minutes.
This is comfort food at its best.
I am anxiously awaiting the birth of my second godson, Jon David Pearce.
Bon Appétit, y’all!