Yesterday, I was so excited to debut my newly designed blog. I did it with little fanfare to see what readers would notice and send their thoughts.
From this tired header….
To this timeless, fantastic one….
Thanks for all the positive comments I received from my readers. I appreciate them all.
- From Theresa of Dallas: “LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. your new "header" for your blog. ULTRA SOPHISTICATED!”
- From Liz: “I like your new blog look- very handsome!”
- From Sara B.: “I love the new Uptown Acorn!”
- From Anna Kate of Leapfrog & Ladybugs: “Love your new banner & congrats on being so close to 800 FB likes!”
Thanks to Linda of the blog Life and Linda for being so patient and helpful and designing exactly what I had envisioned. I asked for a masculine, traditional blog style and that is exactly what I received. Herringbone is my favorite fabric. Linda used my logo that I had designed by Alexa Pulitzer in 2007 for The Acorn at Wisteria Hill as part of the newest header.
Thanks too to Liz of Infuse with Liz for her recommendation of Linda.
I was telling Linda (my friend that does my blog makeovers) that I thought perhaps yours could use a little tweaking. She's done a lot of them and each one is different and unique. I have been bouncing around letting her create new looks for mine for a while, but I finally decided to settle in with one look so we plugged away at some ideas. She tweaked mine up with the social media buttons and a few other things.
There are lots of ways a page can be presented with different templates and layouts. Anyway, I hope you don't mind my bringing it up…”
What started out as a simple email from Liz ended up being one of the best things for my blog growth. I definitely needed and deserved a blog redesign.
Linda was easy to work with, and she is so knowledgeable with the ins and outs of the world of blog design. Her work is also very affordable. Several blog designers I had checked with before Linda wanted to charge me over $1000.00.
Linda even guided me in the process of owning my own domain name. I now own www.uptownacorn.com.
Believe it or not, I am not a techie. I definitely like someone like Linda who knows the field and works on perfecting the blog for me. Linda did just that!
Let me know what YOU think of the “new” look.
Do not forget my giveaway…
2. “Like” Uptown Acorn on facebook.
3. Leave me a comment on the original post telling me where you would use your diffuser.
5. If you do not have a facebook account, let me know that in the comments section. You can still enter by leaving a separate comment. I will not leave you out. If you are an anonymous entrant, please leave a contact email address in your comment.
6. The contest is open to residents of the continental U.S. only.
7. TWIST! You may leave a comment ONCE a day until March 30 for more chances to win.
A winner will be drawn on Sunday, March 30 at 7:00 AM central time.
“New” Uptown Acorn, y’all!